- 1.5 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 3 Tbs butter, melted
- vegetable oil
- Place a large pan or griddle over medium heat. Apply generous oil. You’re pretty much going to fry these pankcakes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and add the eggs, milk and butter. Whisk together until thoroughly mixed. The mixture should be very soupy.
- Test your griddle using a small amount of batter — make sure that the griddle is hot enough.
- Pour out pancakes (about 1/4 cup at a time), and flip once the bottom has turned a golden brown. One the other side is cooked, serve topped with butter and syrup.