- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cold beef tallow
- 3/4 cup of cold water
- Place flour and salt in the workbowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse to combine.
- Add tallow and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water and process until a cohesive dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth, about 1 minute. Cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 10 equal pieces; roll each piece of dough into a ball. Cover dough with a damp cloth or plastic wrap and let rest an additional 15 minutes.
- Heat cast iron skillet, griddle, or comal over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, place one ball of dough on a lightly floured work surface and pat down into a flat disc. Using a rolling pin, roll dough out to a very thin 8-inch round.
- Place dough in skillet and cook until bubbles form on top side and bottom side has light browned spots, 15-30 seconds. Flip tortilla and cook until second side develops light browned spots, 15-30 seconds longer. Transfer tortilla to a plate and cover with dish cloth.
- Repeat with remaining balls of dough.
- Serve immediately while still warm.